Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Alamance North Carolina Remodel


My husband recently learned he got a job in another state. Since then we've been working really hard to get our house ready to sell so we can move. It's pretty important to be there as soon as possible so we've really been under the gun. I didn't realize how much work it needed to get the price we wanted to ask until we got started. Our budget was pretty much blown from the start. Little unexpected expenses just kept adding up. We really can't afford to take a loss on this house, but we can't afford to give it a full remodel and not recover the costs either. We know it will sell better if we use quality products and tasteful renovations, but I guess we got a little carried away. Before we knew it we were way over budget and still had a long way to go.

We knew the kitchen would be the biggest expense and the biggest selling point. With not much money to spare it looked pretty hopeless. One of our flooring contractors overheard what we were saying and recommended American Kitchen Corporation to fix our kitchen. I need to call him back and give him a bonus because they were a lifesaver! For a fraction of the cost we would have paid to just about anyone else we got a package that contained everything. We didn't have to sacrifice on quality to get that price because all the materials were top of the line. My granite countertops really made the house stand out from others for sale in the neighborhood.

I owe my flooring contractor and American Kitchen Corporation a big thank you. Our house ended up selling quickly and at the price we wanted. I have to admit I was a little sad though, the kitchen was so beautiful I didn't want to leave it behind.

11 comments:

  1. After looking at this picture I would think the remodel of this kitchen cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. I know first hand that American Kitchen offers this kitchen at a cost efficent rate. My remodel was wonderful from start to finish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue I agree this company is really making a difference in peoples homes. They made my kitchen the best room in the house. I was really impressed with the entire process from sales to the contractor that was there day to day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family was amazed at how fast the remodeling process took. From start to finish everyone kept me informed of every step. Now we have a the kitchen of my dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I received the flyer from American Kitchen and was amazed at the prices. After making the appointment and looking at the entire selection I was still pleasantly surprised at the price quoted to me. My husband and I were sure at the end of the remodel there would be so hidden extra charges that we were not told about. However, we were totally wrong. The remodel cost us exactly what the contract price was quoted. At this point I sort of feel like I have stolen something from American Kitchen. My kitchen is beautiful and has added so much value to my home. We are thrilled with the results.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everybody that has seen my new kitchen is amazed at the transformation. It truly went from the dark ages to a beautiful 21st century kitchen. Thank You American Kitchen for bringing this beauty into our home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The workers that American Kitchen send to my house was quite impressive. The attention to detail that they showed made me extremely happy. The entire company has made a beautiful kitchen in my home that I love!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are in love with our contractor!!!! American Kitchen sent us Frank to install the kitchen and he was skillful and did a beautiful job. But I have to tell you the best part about Frank was that he was punctual and always showed up when he said he would. He certainly made the experience that much better.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are enjoying our newly renovated kitchen completed by American Kitchen. We are very satisfied with the process. Our contractor was talented and eager to please. Brandon was onsite often and helped answer many of our questions. We received a beautiful product from a quality company.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Quality granite at more than reasonable pricing. American Kitchen offered us an incredible service. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Working with Frank has made us extremely happy he has done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I purchased a kitchen renovation package from American Kitchen in November 2013. My home in Cary was built in 1996. The original white cabinets were peeling badly and it was time to update the kitchen. We spent almost two years shopping and comparing our options. Several friends of ours have used American Kitchen and I had received their postcard with the piece of granite many times. Therefore I decided to get an estimate from them before I did my kitchen.
    Logan did not pressure us in any way to purchase the kitchen. He was very knowledgeable. We were able to decide what we wanted to do with another person, the design engineer named Sam, before we made our decision. They offered financing but we were able to save 5% by paying cash. I paid with my Amex card, and I was still given the same discount.
    We ended up purchasing a Lord Nelson Aristocracy Strasbourg package, which is a cherry stain. They let you get whatever options you want for free, just as their website says, but you have to extra pay for the backsplash, which I think was around $1,500. They charge the same for a granite backsplash or a tile backsplash. They had a man to meet me at the tile showroom to select tile and later to choose my granite slabs.
    My project really started the second week of January and it is finishing up now. I am glad to be able to cook in my own kitchen again. I cannot say enough for Ben and his men. I have had bad experiences with subcontractors before, and having everyone in-house is one reason I selected American Kitchen. Some of my friends who have used American Kitchen a long time ago say they used to use subcontractors, and their projects took much longer than mine.
    I should mention that I paid $15,000 less for my kitchen than any other quote I received. I highly recommend American Kitchen, especially if you can afford the Aristocracy line. It has everything you can imagine and it is not that expensive.

    ReplyDelete